Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Reflections

This is Precious and her first encounter with a mirror.  I (Colleen) thought it would be fun to show the kids their reflections and it made for a very fun day!  Some of them would look at themselves, then up at me, then point to the mirror questioningly.  Others looked behind it to try and figure out where this other person was, while others just drooled on it and licked it.  They had so much fun once they realized that they were looking at themselves.  My mirror is terribly smudged and messy now!


The children here are beautiful and so excited to be learning.  I am amazed at their attention span.  I had one little 3 yr old boy sit in my lap for 40 min. reading the same 10 page book over and over.  In the end I got so bored that we got up to do something else!  If you would like to see a few more fun mirror pictures of the kids, click HERE


Please pray for these children as they begin learning how to behave in a classroom setting, and pray that I can pick up swahili quickly so that I can teach them more effectively.  The language barrier has made things much more difficult, but I am learning more and more everyday.  Thanks for keeping up with us!  We appreciate your support and prayers for us and for the kids!  

3 comments:

  1. I love it! My Sunday school kids--high schoolers--don't have that kind of attention span! Nor do I. ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! Don't worry about swahili, it's really easy after you get the basics down. You'll pick it up in a month, I'm sure. keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blogs. It sounds like you two are already a big impact on the area. David and I will continue to keep you in our prayers and especially Colleen so she doesn't get attacked by a larger animal next time!! The children are beautiful and we wish you the best with your new jobs. We will definitely be praying for you to pick up the language Colleen! Hopefully it isn't too hard :)

    ReplyDelete