Friday, September 18, 2009

Crazy Eyes





Before you jump to conclusions about how Colleen's been torturing the children based on this picture... this is actually Elijah's happy face.  He loves to be picked up and held, but his eyes about pop out of his head from excitement.   He is so much fun!

Click HERE to see Colleen's most recent album of pictures. 


The last few days have been really great but also stretching.  I'm (Cason) still trying to get the hang of things as the treasurer and figure out my responsibilites.  Colleen is figuring out how she can be most effective teaching the kids at the Baby Centre, working with the Caregivers and relying on their expertise for guidance.  We've been working some on our Swahili and are getting some of the greetings and commands.  It didn't make me long being at the Baby Centre to learn "no," "come," and "get down." :  ) 


Colleen has been going out to the Baby Centre everyday to work with the kids, and the last two days we've gone back together in the late afternoon/evening.  I'm getting to know more people from the Ngata AGC church and I've played football (real football...), which has been so much fun.  I held my own and hit the post/rock twice tonight, but didn't score one.  :  )  The field is dirt and rocks and over half the guys play bare foot - makes me feel like a sissy for wearing shoes.  Please pray that I can continue to get to know the guys from football and be a positive influence on them, encouraging them to come to church.  








One final thought:  


If your prayer life is lacking lately, I recommend driving at night in Kenya - between the matatus, pikipikis (motorcycles), overloaded trucks, no lane lines, people not knowing how to use their headlights, plus people walking and cycling in the street... Jesus and I were having a quite intimate conversation about not causing bodily harm to anyone.  


You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. - I John 4:4

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading your blog. My husband and I were in Kenya with NMC last October. I fell in love with the babies! I will be praying for you and will follow your adventure on your blog. Give Margie a hug from me and tell everyone HI. Bless you for answering God's call!

    ReplyDelete